Faculty evaluate patients with kidney disease or hypertension as outpatient in daily clinics on the 5th and 6th floors of the Pasquarilla Health Care Building at Georgetown University Medical Center (Entrance 1 from 3800 Reservoir Road, NW). For information or appointments, call: 202-444-9183.
The division has an active inpatient clinic service with consultation, hemodialysis, and continuous dialysis procedures.
The division is a joint venture partner with Davita, Inc. to run 3 dialysis units in the area where patients can receive hemodialysis (HD) or continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) or home hemodialysis (HHD). These are located at:
- K Street in Georgetown (Tel: 202-333-5211) for HD or HHD
- Union Plaza near Union Station (Tel.: 202-842-3127) for HD and CAPD
- Rivertown at Oxon Hill, M.D. (Tel.: 301-839-3443) for HD
Clinical faculty in the Division of Nephrology and Hypertension are:
- Christopher S. Wilcox, MD, PhD (Chief)
- Shakil Aslam, MD (Chief of the educational service)
- Serban Dragoi, MD, PhD
- Joyce M. Gonin, MD
- Michael Lipkowitz, MD (Chief of the clinical Nephrology service)
- Robert J. Rubin, MD
- Chanigan Nilbol, MD